In your own space, create a list of at least three fannish things you'd love to receive, something you've wanted but were afraid to ask for - a fannish wish-list of sorts. Leave a comment in this post saying you did it. Include a link to your wish-list if you feel comfortable doing so. Maybe someone will grant a wish. Check out other people's posts. Maybe you will grant a wish. If any wishes are granted, we'd love it if you link them to this post.
I think I'll go with some old classics.
1. Music recommendations. I am always looking for good instrumental music to put on while I'm writing or relaxing. My staple is Balmorhea but I would be very happy for some recommendations from fellow instrumentals fans!
2. In the same vein, fanmix/playlist recommendations are also always gratefully received! If it's any of the "big" fandoms of recent or indeed not so recent years (think Trek, LoTR, SW, Harry Potter, Hunger Games), any of "my" fandoms, or anything folk/instrumental-ish that is a bonus, but I would be equally happy if you rec me some music/fanmixes that you're super into and want more people to know about. I got such brilliant recs off this one last year, please don't be shy.
3. More people to participate in small-fandom/kooky exchanges and comment memes! Three Sentence ficathon, the Obscure & British comment fest, Fic Corner, Invisible Library, Jukeboxfest... so many awesome things to do if you're like me and don't really have a "main" fandom but still want to play.
4. More Shakespeare fic. I know, I know. I ask for this every chance I get, there's just never enough. And I realise people may not write it because they find the canon intimidating - believe me, I have struggled with this particular one a lot myself - but especially after running the exchange I feel like encouraging people who are maybe on the cusp of wanting to write something but for some reason don't. If you want a really specific request, all the prompts from the exchange are over here Stage of Fools prompts and I'm sure people would love to get something even after the main exchange (I know I would!). Or, well. Yuletide requests. That kind of thing. I'm not even asking for myself here, I just feel that more Shakesfic would improve my world, it doesn't need to be something written specifically for me.
5. More people to squee about theatre with. Idk, we used to watch TV shows as livestreams, I kind of want to do a similar thing with DVDs of theatre productions, where people watch them together and chat along while they do. I know that theatre isn't as accessible as other forms of fannish entertainment but 21st century technology has done a lot and I feel it's time fandom took advantage of that.
6. Podfic of any of my fic always makes me happy! A few people have podficced my stories in recent years and it made me appreciate the medium of podfic at a whole new level - there's truly something added with the way a performer reads my words and puts their own spin on it. (I would be super extra over the moon with podfic for any of my Shakespeare fic. But I will also be over the moon with podfic for any of my other stuff.)
Now to check out everyone's wishlist!
This entry was originally posted at http://lexigent.dreamwidth.org/1007